Thursday, April 21, 2011

Healthy & Happy

Here's what I've been up to lately.  I have thrown in a few cooked items for a family member who is not a raw foodie but needs to get healthy quick.  This post's for you.A fruity delicious start to the day.  Fruit & milk.  It's a little like when I was a kid and mom would chop up fresh peaches and pour cream over them.  Chopped banana, diced strawberries, sprinkle of dried cranberries, dash of cinnamon, coconut milk poured over the top.  So fruity & creamy you could have it for dessert instead!

Next is a nutritional power house that's perfect for someone who loves some fresh, crunchy food. Wash kale, remove stems, chiffonade or chop, drizzle with lemon juice & olive oil, then massage them into the kale.  Toss in shredded carrots & sprouts.  I bought a variety package of already sprouted beans.  Sprinkle with salt if desired.  This is the perfect balance of sweet, tangy, and crunch!


This one my best friend demanded I make.  So, when I saw portobellos on sale, I jumped on it!  I cleaned it up, rubbed a little olive oil on the top of the mushroom, then turned over and removed stem, spread a little pesto around on the inside, spooned a layer of tomato sauce on, sprinkled with cheese, and put my favorite veggies on top.  Bake @ 325 for 13 minutes, give or take a few.  Mine is on the right and hubby's is on the left with some salami on his.  He ooohhh'ed and aaahhh'ed over this so it must be good!  Incredible dinner and MUCH more filling than I expected.


No comments:

Post a Comment