Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Birthday Breakfast

If you could have anything in the world for breakfast, what would it be? When I awoke on my birthday I decided a banana split was in order & TA-DA, banana split "cereal" was born.

1 Banana, diced
3 Strawberries, diced
1/4 C Walnut pieces
1.5 T Agave
1.5 T Coconut oil
3/4 - 1 T Cacao powder (Or cocoa powder, cacao is the raw, unprocessed version of cocoa)
Coconut milk (available next to soy milk at the store, or substitute your favorite milk)

Place fruit & nut in bowl. Warm coconut oil to a liquid by putting it in a small bowl and placing that in a larger bowl which has been filled with warm water. Add agave & cacao to oil & mix, warming by method above if needed. Drizzle fruit with fudgy cacao syrup & cover all with coconut milk. I was still sleepy and ended up dumping instead of drizzling so, as you can see, there was quite a bit of fudge sauce on this one.  Oh well, happy birthday to me, hehe!  In the photo you will see I sprinkled it with cinnamon before eating because I use cinnamon in most things with fruit and nuts, its totally optional. Feel free to take your time enjoying this one, I know I did. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment